(i have no idea what’s up w/ l’emoticon below. it’s prolly just jezuz having a larf: jezuz, jezuz!)
1) wake up with raenie, hurrah! ‘can’t wait to spend my gift certificate; raenie loves me.
2) toasted poppyseed bagel and cream cheese w/ double latte from humble bagel still clad in “house shoes,” mind you)
3) shave, shower, primp
4) long walk to school, listening to tom.
5) coffee, pls.
6) listen to title track off forthcoming son volt elpee.
7) 150 pages of photocpying – i am, after all, a “research assistant.”
8) meet with aide to U.S. congressman.
9) union meet.
10) swim? dean vain.
12) perfunctory snacks, party-party yeah @ l’office de GTFF. figurative and literal grievance organizing, pls.
13) reunite with raenie, pick up new gtr (!!!) at post office.
14) some sort of quiet dinner/strawberry malted (mebbe a mint chip shake). family, pls.
15) some sort of quiet.
16) read/listen to that section of ulysses where daedalus is walking along the beach thinking morose, pretentious thoughts, scornful of those who’d expect him to be so doing. cuz, you know… ‘ineluctable modality of the visible.’
18) hopefully tout va bien
19) full night’s sleep, pls christ.
saturday/sunday: clean record room, write job letters, plan Spring Break, listen to miles/coltrane/cecil, maybe watch something from the religious trilogy. sensible lunches, swimming, etc. as little c-span as possible, though i’m psyched to glimpse somebody’s annoucement. really, just some kind of quiet, “peace,” please.
no blowout parties for the first time in at least a decade. and no. fucking. hangovers. the cool thing about not drinking is that you can walk by somebody saying “we’re gonna get you so fucked up, brandon” into a cellphone and realize how effed it all is. old father, old artificer…..